In the past, queueing up for new exclusive merchandise at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival could be as tough as an Extreme raid. I remember seeing large crowds waiting hours to snag a Delivery Moogle plush in London.
The queues for the Fan Festival store have been a huge problem and after making adjustments following events in Las Vegas and Tokyo, Square Enix has finally listened to fans. Today, the company opened an exclusive Fan Festival 2017 pre-purchase for new merchandise goods – some showing up for the first time ever.
An exclusive code was sent out to event ticket holders via e-mail, allowing them to select and pay for the items in advance before picking them up during the Fan Festival. The code can only be used for one transaction before it expires.
Here is a closer look at the goods premiering at the show:
- Nanamo Mascot Figure – Allows limited posing due to articulated head and hands, about 8,5cm tall – 39€
- Baby Behemoth Plush – About 34cm long, this little buy comes with a bonus code for the game, unlocking the baby behemoth as a dedicated housing item – 34€
- Final Fantasy XIV Musicians of Eorzea Hoodie – Vintage white hoodie featuring an Eorzean-inspired re-imagination of a certain band of town musicians – 44€
- Final Fantasy XIV Musicians of Eorzea T-Shirt – shirt version in vintage white – 22€
- Final Fantasy XIV – Care for a quest, Kupo? – T-Shirt – natural colour, inspired by the Moogle quests – 22€
Other available items include new arrivals like the Meandering Mog Slippers, Hooded Spriggan Muffler, Job Pins and Plush Pouches (Bomb, Fat Chocobo, Moogle, Cactuar, Spriggan, Goobbue).
The Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2017 takes place in Frankfurt, Germany, from February 18 through February 19. Tickets have already sold out.
Merchfanfest.EU.Square-Enix.com: Welcome to the Fan Festival Frankfurt 2017 merchandise pre-purchase website