Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2016 is ongoing in Las Vegas, and there Square Enix announces the second expansion Stormblood. It will take players into a whole new area Ala Mhigo, one of the city-states in FFXIV that’s located on the eastern corner of Aldenard in a region called Gyr Abania between Gridania and Garlemald.
“The main concept is getting Ala Mhigo back into Eorzean control from the Garlean empire”, said Naoki Yoshida, the game’s director, and the Monk job (class) will be the main focus in this expansion. Besides, the level cap will be raised from 60 to 70, with new raids and instances to be opened to players.
Stormblood will be released in summer 2017. The trailer presents a new zone called Rhalger’s Reach, which will be the beginning location for the new adventure.
A summary of the key features of the Stormblood expansion:
– a revamped battle and skill system;
– the level cap will be increased from 60 to 70;
– new primal enemies for groups to fight;
– new dungeons and high-end raids to challenge players;
– the inventory space will be increased “massively”;
– a 4th residential area that will “directly affect the main storyline”.
It’s also confirmed that the new expansion won’t be coming to PS3. Now see some beautiful screenshots of the Stormblood expansion below.